Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Who is Cassandra Paine?


Cassandra Paine Posted by Hello

Cogito, ergo sum. -- I think, therefore I am.

Rene Descartes stated the preceding as a philosopher. Taxonomists said it too, when they named our species, Homo sapiens -- thinking man.

I am a woman of thoughts, opinions, beliefs and hope.

I will use this space and other venues to join the blogging community and interact with my fellow thinking beings.

I reside in the Northeast United States.

I am the mother of five adult children, and grandmother of nine.

I have been a health professional, a small business owner, a radio host, an ombudsman, and an advocate for candidates, citizens, and causes.
Cassandra Paine is not my "given name." It is my "taken name," my nom de fon when I was a radio talk show host in my hometown, and my nom de plume here.

I wasn't born yesterday. If there are pet peeves that might color my opinions, one is that I resent it when our leaders and so many of the news presenters and commentators prominent in the mass media presume that I was (and you were). The other is that so many ostensibly intelligent adults allow themselves to be victimized as objects of that presumption.

To think is to be. To be is to think. A great part of the joy of being is in sharing thoughts with others.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To think is to be. Too bad the majority of Americans almost leaves you in a category by your self. However, you are not alone. I think too. I think you are very intelligent Good Luck. Craig.

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home